Last Friday, actors and producers from The Walking Dead took the stage at San Diego Comic Con to discuss Season 6 of the hit zombie drama. In attendance were Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Chandler Riggs, Sonequa Martin-Green, Michael Cudlitz, Lennie James, showrunner Scott M. Gimple, producers Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert and Greg Nicotero, and moderator Chris Hardwick.
If you missed the panel, check out the full video below. If you don’t have time to watch a 1-hour video, we put together this list of the important highlights:
- The Walking Dead Season 6 will premiere on October 11th at 9PM EST on AMC. The premiere will be a 90-minute episode.
- There will be a special premiere event at Madison Square Garden in New York City. If you’re looking to attend, you must sign-up for Dead Alerts on AMC’s blog.
- Scott Gimple hinted that “things may not be as they appear in the trailer.” This comment was made specifically in reference to the Morgan/Rick conflict the trailer seems to suggest. He also made a comment that The Walking Dead is known for trying to mislead fans in the trailers.
- Season 6 will feature more character flashbacks – possibly an entire episode will be a flashback.
- Merritt Wever was added to Season 6 and she will assume the role of a well-known comic book character. Ethan Embry was also added to the cast, although there is no word on who he will be playing. In some already announced news, Corey Hawkins will be playing the role of Heath.
- FOX International will air episodes within 24-hours of the U.S. release
The news that most interests us is Merritt Wever and the role she will play in the show. Any idea which comic character she might play? Sound off with your thoughts in the comments section below.
Check out the full panel now:
Latest posts by Sebastian C. (see all)
- Christmas Podcast Q&A Extravaganza 2018 – The Walking Dead Podcast - December 14, 2018
- 908 – Evolution – The Walking Dead Podcast - November 28, 2018
- 907 – Stradivarius – The Walking Dead Podcast - November 20, 2018