The Talking Dead offers a lot of information for fans interested in learning behind the scenes details and fun executive producer insights about their favorite show The Walking Dead. But what most of us wait for each week is the “sneak peak” they release at the end of the episode.
On the most recent episode of The Talking Dead, the preview for next week’s episode “Consumed” featured Daryl and Carol burning a body on what appears to be a rooftop in Atlanta. Chris Hardwick, host of The Talking Dead, prompted further discussion and fan theories when he made a comment that the body appeared “Beth-sized” – cue hysteria!
While this could be a possible outcome, it’s highly unlikely they would reveal, or even hint, at such a major character death in a preview. Fans have even gone as far to speculate that the body is Carol, which would make no sense at all since Carol stands next to Daryl in the EXACT SAME SCENE – come on, people!
What’s more, Beth’s death in the next episode wouldn’t even necessarily make sense from a timeline standpoint for a number of different reasons –
- Episode 6 “Consumed” is said to feature Daryl and Carol on their mission to rescue Beth. This will likely include them following the “cross car” for a significant portion of the episode.
- At the end of Episode 4 “Slabtown”, Carol’s unconscious body is wheeled into the same hospital where Beth is staying. In the preview for next week, Carol appears completely unharmed, which would imply that the body burning occurred BEFORE or DURING the events we see in Slabtown.
- Proportionally speaking, the body is way too small to be Beth. There have been other scenes throughout Season 4 where Daryl is carrying Beth in the exact same position, and the images do not match up at all.
So that begs the question – whose body are they burning? Putting together context clues, we’re making the assumption that the body is likely that of a child – since we don’t think a random adult death would have an emotional toll on Daryl or Carol.
Additionally, since we know from Episode 4 “Slabtown” that the police officers have an affinity for young girls, it’s quite possible that the car Daryl and Carol are following has just “save-napped” another unknowing victim. When and if they confront the police officer, this could result in the young girl’s death – which would open up a number of old and fresh wounds for Carol, since she is still recovering from the deaths of Sophia, Lizzie and Mika (and would also explain why Carol thanks Daryl in the latter portion of the scene).
Whose body do you think Daryl and Carol are burning? Sound off with your speculations in the comments section below!
Latest posts by Sebastian C. (see all)
- Christmas Podcast Q&A Extravaganza 2018 – The Walking Dead Podcast - December 14, 2018
- 908 – Evolution – The Walking Dead Podcast - November 28, 2018
- 907 – Stradivarius – The Walking Dead Podcast - November 20, 2018